U.S. Southern Ocean GLOBEC
8 January 2001
Each science investigator should complete this survey and return it to Julie Morgan before leaving the meeting.
· Every SO GLOBEC project is required to provide data results for access to other researchers and for long-term archiving.
· Below is a questionnaire about the nature of data you will provide.
· The results of this survey will be: (1) posted on the SO GLOBEC web site as a reference to other PIs to help facilitate cooperation between projects, and (2) used by the Data Management Office to help plan for Data Management activities.
· Some questions might not be applicable to your project, but any information you provide will be helpful.
OTHER TECHNICAL CONTACTS:
END DATE OF PROJECT:
O within six months of collection
O one year after collection
O cruise data (please describe)
O modeling results
O laboratory results (please describe)
O instrument name/type (please describe)
O other (please describe)
(8) Please estimate (at least roughly) the amount of data you anticipate providing (in Mbytes, Gbytes, etc.).
O less than one megabyte
O several megabytes
O Gigabyte or more
O don't know
In terms of data serving, do you prefer:
O serving your own data from your own computer
O providing a copy of your data to the U.S. GLOBEC data management office
Center for Coastal Physical Oceanography
768 52nd Street
Norfolk, VA 23529
(757) 683-4940 TEL
(757) 683-5550 FAX