AMLR 2003 Weekly Report No. 1
13 January 2003
1. The Russian R/V Yuzhmorgeologiya
2. Provisions, mail and personnel
(R. Holt, SW Fisheries Science Center; D. Krause, SWFSC) were transferred to
3. Ship transited to
4. Tomorrow (14 January) The ship will begin a survey of bio-oceanographic conditions
in the vicinity of the
5. Numerous icebergs, particularly in the shelf areas surrounding the islands, will require adjustments to planned transects and station positions.
4. Scientific party aboard includes:
R. Hewitt, SWFSC, chief scientist
A. Dizon, SWFSC, acoustics
V. Loeb, Moss Landing Marine Labs, zooplankton
A. Jenkins,SWFSC, small boats, zooplankton
R. Rowley, Moss Landing Marine Labs, small boats, zooplankton
N. Gong, UCSC, zooplankton
M. Force, SWFSC, zooplankton
C. Ware, Sea Grant, zooplankton
J. Reum, UCSC, zooplankton
C. Hewes, SIO, phytoplankton
J. Lipsky, SWFSC, lipid extractions and scat analysis
J. Santora, CUNY, bird and marine mamal obs.
S. Mitra, CUNY, bird and marine mamal obs.
R. Hewitt sends