PART 2 FIGURES
To see full-size figures, just click the thumbnails.
- Figure 2.01
- The electromagnetic spectrum.
- (from Microworlds: Exploring the Structure of Materials WWW Site)
- Figure 2.02
- Sources of electromagnetic energy received by the satellite.
- Figure 2.03
- The electromagnetic spectrum showing the ultraviolet-to-microwave wavelength range and the atmospheric transmission of various wavelengths (note the "windows," or areas of high transmission, in the visible and microwave regions).
- Figure 2.04
- AVHRR SST image for July 1, 1994. A black land mask has been applied to the image. A white mask has been applied to cloud covered areas. Warm SSTs are red and orange, cooler SSTs are blue and purple.