ODU SO GLOBEC: Graphics
Details of vertical profiles
These routines read a file containing a list of event numbers and plot the
vertical structure of the data from the file. TZplot.m constructs a vertical
profile of Temperature (or potential temperature) and SZplot.m constructs a
vertical salinity profile.
Options within these programs allow
- plotting of one meter or standard depth data,
- plot potential temperature in place of in-situ temperature,
- setting the depth, T or S scales on the plot,
- setting the directory from which data are read,
- setting the name of the file to read for event numbers.
The current setup of these programs reads from the historical data base,
which will need to be changed when these data are moved to the ship. The
testevents files in the matlab subdirectory are sample events from the
MarchMay 1993 LTER cruise to construct test figures.
Go to the top of this page.
Written by J. Klinck.
Send questions or comments by e-mail to